Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ben Pope

Best Indie Game Art That Inspires

5 posts in this topic

This topic is for sharing the most epic indie game art you can imagine. This does not have to be anything specific but can include any type of artwork that would go in an indie title from concept art to sketches to pixel and 3D models. I want to post some images and get sharing going that may introduce readers to art they have never experienced before. With all the tools out there for artists these days the amount of amazing works that can be done is astounding and deserves a place.

From SuperGiant Games Studio, I share screenshots from art off of Bastion and Transistor to start the ball rolling. These two games truly had an impact on me in many ways as an artist and designer and even sound design.

When sharing art, please describe its significance.

thT2F3H4D7.jpg

Transistor.png

best-indie-games-bastion1.jpg

best-indie-games-bastion.jpg

Here's some stuff from an indie board game I found on Kickstarter called Tymor. Not 100% sure what some things will be used for since a lot of pics are locked for backers only, but here a few things I could dig up. I'm not an artist, so I don't know what inspires, but these do look pretty cool.

There's more on their kickstarter page (here) under the updates tab. There's about 5 pages to look through, with concept, models, and more. The Kickstarter was all about funding art for the game, so there's a good bit there.

image-296445-full.jpgimage-296456-full.jpgimage-296452-full.jpgimage-296449-full.jpg

Joshua,

Concept art is definitely one area that is helpful to both board games and digital video game production methods. The key is that it is there to inspire 3D modelers and direct them in producing models for games. The game pieces found in Tymor's Kickstarter page come from these. I am not as good at traditional concept art and digital painting as 3D art or pixel art, so I rely on concept artists for my game to help with the 3D direction.

Inspiring concept art like this can be found in one of my favorite series-Batman. See below:

Batman-Arkham-Origins-10-150x150.jpg

Batman-Arkham-Origins-14-150x150.jpg

jocz-batman-arkham-origins-bane-masked-150x150.jpg

jocz-batman-arkham-origins-firefly-1-150x150.jpg

New-Batman-Arkham-Origins-screenshots-concept-art-emerge-14-150x150.jpg